Monday, July 23, 2007

Red Letter Day!!!

Ok, so today was a typical Monday...
Waking up sucked!
I stopped at Jack In The Box on my way to work for an iced tea - it tasted like coffee - YUCK!
Worked sucked!

And then the good stuff...
I got home, took the dog for his evening walk (this is a nightly occurrence) and by some MIRACLE he actually peed like a normal dog. Yes, that's right folks, my dog peed in the grass like every other dog would do. This is the first time in the month and a half that we've lived here that he felt compelled to relieve himself in public. (He otherwise pees on puppy pads placed near the garage door - our intent was for him to pee on them in the garage, but we haven't quite made it there yet). Unfortunately, I did not carry my phone on the walk so I was unable to capture this glorious event on my camera phone.

I immediately praised him, and then said the magic word, which after all of my training efforts he's finally learned as his reward for relieving himself where he's supposed to - "TREAT". He knew that he was a "good boy" and began to race towards home where I promptly gave him his treat. If he can repeat this performance tomorrow I will be ecstatic!!!

Right before Oskar chose to act like a normal dog, I got our mail from the box. In all of the excitement I didn't notice until we got home that almost all of the mail was for me. YAY!!! Since Will pays the bills now, I LOVE getting mail!!!!

I sat on the couch to open it and became elated with each piece I opened. Here's a list of my mail, in the order it was received:
1) Letter from Cigna approving my brain MRI - yes!
2) Rebate check from Staples for $50 - yes!
3) Rebate gift card from Lowes for $20 - yes!
4) Letter from Coach w/catalog - since my purse that I FINALLY sent in was deemed defective, they are offering me a FULL credit to be used towards a replacement of my choice - yes!
5) Info packet from ASAP with a bunch of GREAT information - yes!!!

HOW HAPPY AM I?! (For more on # 1 & 5, please see my other blog - Proof That I Have a Big Brain)


*Disclaimer - you may notice that I'm throwing in a few "big words" (well bigger than the norm). I am studying for the GRE (yes that's right, grad school hopeful here). So I'm trying to sharpen up my vocab since I began studying this weekend and felt stupid for the first time since Statistics in college. Bear with me please!

4 comments:

Queen B said...

ugh, GRE, something I know I should take sooner rather than later because I swear I'm getting dumber by the day!!

I'm so jealous of your rocking day. Mine consisted of getting audited at work :(

Ruth Anne said...

I agree this is a good day! My baby took her first steps.

NE-way, got to love new purse and more money!

Jenn Ann said...

Queen B - sad but true...all that stuff we learned in school gets wasted by the monotony of our careers...that's why I want to change mine and be like Ruth Anne. Actually I wanted to be like Ruth Anne before I "knew" Ruth Anne. By the way...how do we "know" Ruth Anne? And where is Kim? She's missing our love fest! :)

RA - Awwww congrats on the baby steps!!!

Ruth Anne said...

I come in the line by way of Kim.