Tuesday, July 10, 2007

Rachel made me do this too!

I was talking to Rachel on my drive home from Irvine tonight and she actually said "You've got to blog about that!" Kim, aren't you proud? Here's the story I told her...

I went to an account review in Irvine (right at the 405/55 interchange) that was scheduled to start at 3:30. We didn't get started until 3:45, so it was no surprise that I didn't leave until 5:15. (The review wasn't exactly fun, but I can't elaborate further). I attempt to head towards the freeway and I moved about 5 feet in 10 minutes. I call Rach since I'm minutes from her house but she doesn't answer which means she's at the gym. Defeated by traffic and feeling a tad depressed, I head to South Coast Plaza for some retail therapy, intending to buy a new compact from MAC.

I head into Nordstrom and see the 2 girls behind the counter are totally "Orange County" and really young. Knowing that there's a MAC store within a short distance in the mall, I hope that there will be someone there that I can actually talk to without bursting out in laughter, or rolling my eyes uncontrollably (I don't want to be rude!).

I walk down to the store which has exactly one customer in it with 3 sales people. One guy has a pink mohawk, the other is obviously on Team Pink, and the third is a fairly "normal" girl that is already helping the customer. I know that the moment I put a toe in the store I will be swarmed by one of the men. I just can't bring myself to do it, and head back to my HONDA in the parking lot full of BMWs, Navigators, Mercedes, and other assorted luxury cars.

I wonder, does it make me hypocritical that I own (a few) Coach purses? I blame my short-term depression on the account review, my recent medical news, and having not talked to Rachel in awhile. At least I had a good chat with Rach on my hour long drive home! :)

10 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

A couple of thoughts on this one:

(1) I am very proud of Rachel suggesting this as a blog. Real life stories make the best blogs.

(2) I am jealous that Jennanne got Rachel's time on the way home and I didn't get to talk to her at all.

(3) Account Reviews always suck. Doesnt matter which company you work for.

(4) The 405/55 sucks!

(5) South Coast Plaza is usually a winner. Except for the fact that Maggiano's is there.

(6) Your experience at the MAC store is like every experience at the Verizon store.

(7) As far as the coach purses go, every girl needs a good vice!

Queen B said...

Kim, I can't believe you didn't smack her for mentioning purses. Is that limited to just me :)

karinski said...

You could have gone to the H&M store at SCP! It is new and absolutely fab! And you could have called me to meet you for some pairs retail therapy. =)

Jenn Ann said...

WOW South Coast appears to be a very popular topic!

I am in agreement with Queen B - I was quite surprised about not getting smacked for even using a purse!

Kim, What's wrong with Maggiano's?
Don't know about Verizon (I have AT&T/Cingular/at&t. Their marketing department is genious - you want job security in marketing? Convince your client to keep changing their name!)

Karin, I thought about H&M, but didn't know where it was at in relation to Nordstom, and while I love that store, I wasn't in the mood to make a great effort to find it. As for not calling you, I forget that HB is so close to CM, so I didn't even think to call you. Geographically I take completely different routes to get to each place and I forget they are actually close!

Anonymous said...

I second that comment on Maggiano's, that place is way over priced and is not good at all! Ha!

Teri said...

what is H&M?

Kim Thomas said...

OK....Queen B as you know I hate purses. Here's the thing though, Jenn and Rachel (Rachel, of "Rachel made me do this") both have Coach purses. Definitely not my thing. I can tell you though that at least Rachel's isn't a huge monster purse like yours.

If you ask me purses should be outlawed. People should only carry with them what can fit in their hands, their pockets or their bras.

Who is Karinski? Another blogger? Hmm....I may need to go visit her blog.

Lastly: Maggianos. Rachel is right, the food sucks and it's expensive, loud and way too crowded.

Jenn Ann said...

Teri - H&M is clothing store that has trendy styles for cheap!

Kim - Huge monster purses are far more practical than stuffing items in your bra. Besides that's something that NO ONE would want to see me do.

Karinski is a new blogger, ballroom dancer, and friend of mine. Please visit her blog and encourage her to blog often! Her sister is Bianka who has a baby blog (both links are on my blog).

Never been to Maggianos...and now I have no desire to go. Thanks (former) Evans sisters!

Queen B said...

right on, jenann :)

and I just bought my first Coach purse last week. I am so excited. And, Kim, it is li'l and cute :)

Jocey said...

SCP is a very nice place-some pretty good dining also- especially during the holidays. There's nothing wrong with owning more than Coach purse, there an investment. I would rather buy a purse that last me for decades than something cheap from Target anyday! Oh and Maggianos has some pretty good calamari if you're into that kind of thing, there entrees are pretty pricey¬ to tasty however.