Sunday, August 24, 2008

WITWAWAJ? Intercourse

Intercourse, Pennsylvania of course!

Today we went to Gettysburg and visited the American Civil War Museum and then did an audio auto tour. They offer the auto tours in various cities but I highly recommend having a skilled navigator with you because it's impossible to maintain the average speed that they recommend. More pictures to come when we get home next week, but let's just say that only one of us climbed the 75 foot tower and it wasn't me!

Then we headed off towards Intercourse, PA where we saw several buggies, but alas everything was closed since it's Sunday.

On the way to Intercourse, we stumbled across The Christmas Haus which features glass ornaments from Germany. A cute little German lady runs it out of the front of her house. Several ornaments were purchased. We saw several other Christmas stores - apparently the PA Dutch love Christmas as much as I do!

We are now racing back to the timeshare to try and catch Big Brother! We are on track to arrive back at 8:30, wish us luck!

6 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

My most favorite thing to do in middle PA is stop at little shops and buy stuff. SO FUN!!!!!

Queen B said...

I was keeping track of you all day... up until I got disabled :(

KFuj said...

Those shops on the side of the road are the BEST!

Paula said...

Oh, I'd love to go to shops like that! I'd love to get some Amish furniture too.

Andrea said...

Intercourse and Amish just sound weird to me....

I loved going to Gettysburg and I paid for the open bus tour while there. It really does have more meaning with a trained guide/narrator.

Jane said...

Kim and Laura go visit the Amish. Thats an episode just waiting to happen.