Saturday, August 23, 2008

WITWAWAJ? Scranton

The drive from Cleveland to our timeshare in the Poconos yesterday wa nice and uneventful. Mostly just drove through green forest and hills, totally beautiful.

The resort is really nice, quiet, and private. It's right next to a huge lake and Will wishes we'd brought our boat as a carry on. ; )

When we got here yesterday we went grocery shopping as our condo has a full kitchen. The hubby got bacon and eggs to make for breakfast and I just raised an eyebrow. The last thing I was going to do was cook on vacation!

We went to the pool, napped, and then went to bed.

This morning the hubby got up and started breakfast. Shortly thereafter the smoke detector started going off and people started swarming outside. The hubby opened the door while I began waving a magazine in front of the smoke detector and yelled down to the owners "it's okay, I just burned some bacon". Poor hubby! It's hard to cook on an electric stove!

We headed off to Scranton to do the official Office tour. We went to Farley's pub for lunch and I had a taco salad. It just sounded good!

We are most likely heading down to Hershey now. After Will finishes his slice of cheesecake. I only had 3 bites :)

4 comments:

Paula said...

oooooooooohhhhhh!!!!
Now I want to go on vacation!!! We didn't do a "vacation" this year.
Have fun! I'm vacationing vicariously through you!

Queen B said...

LOL


mmmmm, cheesecake

Andrea said...

I too am vacationing vicariously!!

I so want to go on the Official Office tour in Scranton, but only if a stay at the Shroot Family Bed and Breakfast is included.

Kim Thomas said...

I am practically there with you!

I went to Cheesecake Factory for lunch yesterday, made taco salads for dinner and watched a re-run of the office!